Terms & Conditions
Aaron Rogers and Lorraine Robinson combined their expert knowledge to develop a swim school to provide the opportunity for your child to learn a vital life skill in a fun and safe environment.
Swim School Academy Ltd (SSA) and Little Swim Academy Ltd (LSA)
Course fees for group lessons or Private (1:1 or 1:2) vary for each location. For specific details please contact the office directly. All fees must be paid in advance of the start date of a course (please refer to invoice). Swimmers will not be allowed to participate in any swimming lessons until the fees are paid in full. Fees may be paid in accordance with the terms as discussed with the office. Any bank charges we receive for returned payments will be charged at a rate of £20.00
If after making a booking you wish to cancel a course you may do so by contacting us in writing within seven days of making the booking. You will receive a refund of the tuition fee paid, less any lessons already gone, less 1 lesson as an administration charge.
If you wish to cancel a booking after seven days of making your booking you may do so by contacting us in writing at any time before your first lesson or up to three working days after your first lesson. You will receive a refund of tuition fees paid less fees for the lesson provided if applicable and less a 20% administration charge.
However, after this period, we cannot provide credits or refunds if you are unable to attend any of the lessons for any reason.
Medical Conditions and Individual Needs
Swim School Academy Ltd cannot accept responsibility for the medical condition or other needs of any swimmer unless a full disclosure of the details has been made to the office by the swimmer or the parent or guardian of a swimmer when first registering the swimmer for lessons, or following any medical condition being confirmed during a course of lessons after the swimmer has been accepted for tuition.
Swim School Academy Ltd will not accept liability for the loss of or damage to any personal effects brought to any session and you are therefore requested to ensure that no valuable items are brought to the swimming lessons.
Swimmers, parents, guardians, siblings or all other associates, must observe the venue’s entry rules and respect all other venue rules whilst in the venue. Facility staff shall retain the right to refuse admission. It is imperative that swimmers are on poolside no more than 5 minutes before the commencement of each lesson and (in the case of child swimmers) should be collected from the pool no more than 5 minutes after the lesson has ended. No child will be released until they are collected by an appointed responsible adult. The responsible adult must remain in the venue premises for the duration of the lesson. No refund or “catch-up lesson” will be offered by either company where a child fails to attend or is refused permission to attend any sessions, unless prior agreement has been reached with head office.
Either company although they cannot guarantee the teachers for the following term they will try their best to keep some consistency. All our teachers are ASA or STA qualified teachers.
In the event of a swimmer, parent, guardian, sibling or other associate refusing to obey an instruction from a member of staff, behaving in an unruly manner towards a member of staff or any other person, or causing damage to pool premises or any of the furniture fixtures or equipment in those premises, the swimmer shall not be permitted to continue with the lessons. Swim School Academy Ltd shall then have the right to terminate the contract without further notice and without being required to offer any credit or refund to the swimmer and the swimmer shall not be accepted for any future course organised by either company.
Condition of pool premises
Whilst Swim School Academy Ltd will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the condition of the pool premises, including the changing rooms, washing facilities, the pool and poolside area are in suitable condition, they do not accept liability for any injury to a swimmer which may be caused by any defect and further advise that any claim arising from such a defect must be addressed to the proprietors of the pool premises.
Transmission of Infections
Any swimmer known to be or found to be suffering from any infectious ailment or condition will not be allowed to participate in the lesson and it is the responsibility of each swimmer or (in the case of a child swimmer) the parent or guardian of the swimmer to ensure that the swimmer is fit and well enough to participate. Swim School Academy Ltd and Little Swim Academy Ltd will not accept liability for any infection passed to a swimmer by another swimmer on the course or in the pool.
Rules and Regulations
- Swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- Swimmers should wear bathing caps, for reasons of hygiene & safety in health clubs where it is mandatory to do so. These can be purchased from our online shop.
- No swimmer should enter the Pool Area without a member of Swim School Academy Ltd staff being already present.
- There must be no food or drink in any of the pool facilities. Swimmers, siblings, parents and guardians are expected to observe the club’s no smoking policy.
- No outdoor shoes are to be worn on poolside – If you wish to speak to our swimming teacher then please either remove shoes & socks or put on shoe covers provided, before you go onto poolside. This clause is in accordance with the club’s own health & safety policy which allows for no exceptions.
- There must be no recording, filming or photographic equipment including mobile phones with camera facilities used in the club. This is in accordance with club and child protection rules. Please refer to STA Child Protection Guidelines available on request.
- Swim School Academy Ltd and Little Swim Academy Ltd and the pool owners cannot accept any responsibility for any incident that was the sole responsibility of the swimming teacher in charge of the class or lesson in which the incident occurred. Full liability, in such cases, is with the teacher delivering the lesson.
- By agreeing to a course with the company you agree to the Terms and Conditions laid out above.